Is there actually a best time to post on Instagram and should you really care about the timing of your post?
Yes. Yes. Yes.
Instagram algorithm is getting smarter everyday and though the quality of the post is of utmost importance in determining its engagement and position in the feed, timing is crucial too. Instagram feed is not chronological, but as recently stated by Instagram, timeliness of the post does matter.
You would have noticed how similar posts with similar hashtags receive different likes when posted on different days or time. The right timing of your Instagram post will always give you a higher engagement for the same post scheduled at some other time.
How to determine the best time to post on Instagram?
If you already have an Instagram business account, then you can access your insights to see the days and times when your followers are online. If you have a personal account, you can change it to a business account and access the insights. Here are the
- To switch your Instagram account to a business account: Tap the three lines on top left -> Settings -> Account ->Sign up for a business profile -.> Convert Existing Account -> Link to your Facebook Page
- Once your account is switched to a business account, you can access your followers’ information on the insights tab. To access audience insights, tap the three lines on the top left -> Insights -> Audience
- When you scroll down to the Followers section, you will notice that Instagram has charts with the time when your followers are most active for every day of the week.
This is exactly the information that you need to use while posting on Instagram. I have noticed over and over that timing the post as suggested by the Instagram’s insights always give me better results.
There are several reasons why you should refer to these insights before scheduling your post:
- If your followers’ are engaging with your content, then your content will also rank higher in the explore feed of other users who might be interested.
- The first few comments boost a post on Instagram, so, if you have interactive followers, you can expect more engagement from new users as well.
Instagram insights will only give you information of your followers. But, if you want to learn the best days and times to schedule a post to reach a wider audience and not just your followers, then continue reading.
What are best days to post on Instagram?
As per the research by Sprout Social on Instagram global engagement:
Best days to post on Instagram in order (best to worst): Thursday, Friday, Wednesday, Tuesday, Saturday, Monday, Sunday.
Best times to post on Instagram: Thursday (5 a.m., 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m.), Friday (5 a.m.), Wednesday (3 p.m.)
Worst times to post on Instagram: Any day of the week ( 12 – 4 a.m.)
To end with:
Using a mix of your audience insights and research data to schedule your post will help you determine the best posting times for your Instagram account. Keep experimenting till you have few days and times that work better for you than others.
And, never forget that content is the king. Right timing is just an essence to your existing content, so if you really want to grow your Instagram account, focus most on the content.
I hope this article helped. Let me know below if you have questions related to the article.
One of our experts will get back in touch with you soon.