HypeAuditor has conducted a survey among our users who work for an agency or brand. A total of 330 respondents took part in the survey (149 Agencies representatives and 181 Brands representatives).
The aim of the study was to understand the role of competitor analysis in influencer marketing activities.
- 55.7% of agency representatives and 50.56% of brand representatives conduct a competitors’ Instagram accounts research before launching an Instagram influencer marketing campaign;
- 85.31% of respondents conduct a competitors’ Instagram accounts research in-house and 14.69% outsource it;
- 56% of respondents research from 1 to 4 competitors, 29% research from 5 to 7 competitors, 8.67% research from 7 to 12 competitors and 5.57% research over 12 competitors;
- The most important metrics of competitor Instagram accounts are Engagement Rate (80.91%), Content of Posts (75.15%) and Number of Followers (66.97%);
- 65.44% of respondents know which influencers their competitor is working with and 57.19% of respondents know what audience their competitors are targeting in their influencer marketing campaigns;
- 56% of respondents research influencer mentions of competitors’ Instagram accounts and 87% find it helpful to get a list of Instagram posts with competitors’ mentions;
- Most important metrics to see in the list of posts with your competitor mentions are Engagement Rate (82.73%), Influencer Audience (74.85%) and Post Reach (73.33%);
- The main goal of competitors’ Instagram accounts research is to develop effective influencer marketing strategies in the target market (62.72%).