Instagram highlights are the second best aspect of Instagram stories. Of course, the first one is that they vanish after 24 hours.
Instagram highlights are those Instagram stories that you want to retain on your profile after 24 hours of posting a story. Once you highlight an Instagram story, it stays on your profile forever just like your Instagram posts.
Many celebrities and influencers improve the appearance of their profile by adding cool Instagram highlights’ covers and icons. It might look like hard work but you can create awesome covers and icons within a few seconds. In this article, we will look at some simple ways to create your Instagram highlights covers and how to add them to your account.
How to Make your Own Instagram Highlights Cover?
There are a few methods to create your cover.
- There are many image editing apps available that you can use to create your cover. Download any app from App Store or Play Store for creating covers by searching for “Cover maker for Instagram Highlights” or similar terms.
- Another method is to use content creator apps like Canva to design your covers by picking their icons. Let’s look at the steps of creating covers on Canva.
- Go to Canva and search for “Instagram Story” in your search template box.
2. Now click on Elements on the left tab and search for the word related to your Instagram highlight theme. Add the icon and background color to your design. And download it.
Just following these two simple steps, you can easily create any design for your Instagram highlight cover. Once your design is created, the next step is to add it to your Instagram account.
- Third way is to download free icons from Pinterest. There are several Pinterest profiles that share free covers and icons for Instagram Highlights. You can simply download them and add them to your account.
You can use any of the methods above to create your highlight cover icons or create them as needed. Next, we will learn how to add this new cover to your highlights.
How to Add New Cover to your Instagram Highlights:
1. Go to your Instagram account, and open the highlighted story in which you want to add a new cover. Click on the three dots “More” on the story and select “Edit Highlight”
2. Once you click on Edit highlight, you will get an option to “Edit Cover.” Click on Edit cover and select your downloaded image from the gallery.
3. Crop the icon as per your style and click on Done.
4. Now, visit your Instagram profile to see the updated Instagram highlights cover photo.
Ain’t it Simple?
A lot of us work really hard on our Instagram profiles and want it to look amusing for anyone who visits our account. Doing this one extra thing can definitely make your Instagram account look better.
Also, adding Instagram highlights can be very useful if your customers ever want to look at the products you share in your stories. So, always make sure to highlight some of your stories and make them beautiful by adding the perfect cover to it.
If you have any questions regarding creating and adding the Instagram highlights cover, you can let me know in the comments below.